Our history strengthens our future.
Our consistent orientation towards a sustainable future and focus on customer requirements have been a constant in the history of LängleGlas. Our values combine close customer relationships, highest quality control, a spirit for innovation and a sense of responsibility and tradition. We are an entrepreneurial family valuing our strong roots and collected expertise and we are committed to the future of our business.
In 1873 – during the Austro-Hungarian Empire – Johann Georg Längle is founding the company. At that time it was the first wholesale house for glass west of Salzburg. The first increase in prosperity happens with building the Arlberg Tunnel railway between 1879 and 1884.
In 1910 Anton Längle, the youngest son of Johann Georg Längle, takes over the company. Rapid expansion calls for a branch to be opened in Innsbruck. Anton Längle leads the by now well-established company through the difficult time of both world wars.
In 1948 Ardo and Elmar Längle, the two sons of Anton Längle, inherit the business.
Then followed in 1989 by Mag. Oswin Längle as leading manager of the flourishing company. The areas of glass-mounting systems and building with glass are being further developed.
After 1990, the glass fittings department spins off into a separate department. Since 2000, five important patents and many other trademark rights have been registered.
Starting in the 1990‘s to this day, satisfied customers in over 40 countries have been provided with fittings made by LängleGlas.